Localex specialises in offering a “Fully Managed” service. While we do offer a “Let only” and “Let Only/Rent Collection”, we believe that to really align our interests with our landlords and tenants, we need to have an ongoing relationship to show the value that we can add.
Our relationship with landlords is built on 4 key features:
Honesty and transparency – All our fees are clearly laid out on our website and there should be no surprises for tenants or landlords. We do not take sneaky commissions from tradespeople, nor do we add on a profit margin from other providers such as referencing agencies. We make very clear to you the fees that are paid to Localex and those that are collected by us to pass on to others.
Fairness – We aim to be fair to our landlords. We understand that many of our landlords are busy. So we try to take the load off their shoulders as much as possible. We do this by striving to get you the best quote from contractors. We also do not have any long term tie-ins. If landlords are not happy with our Property Management Service, they can walk away and take their business elsewhere with NO CANCELLATION fees. You tell us what date you want to transfer your business and that is the last day that we will charge you property management fees for. We don’t do gimmicks like “3 months of free property management” – we expect to do a great job for you and expect to get paid a fair price for it. However, if you are not happy, we want to make it easy for you to leave. We think that is a fair way to do things.
Knowledge – All of our staff either have experience in the property industry via working in the sector or being landlords themselves. All of our staff go though continuous training to enduse that they are up to speed on the latest legal and regulatory development.
Simplicity – We keep thing simple. While there are a whole host of laws and regulations that we need to be aware of, the heart of our business is the simple premise that landlords want to get a good return on their property investment from tenants that look after the property and pay their rent on time. Everything we do is to make this a reality for our landlords – from initial tenant screening, our relationships with contractors to our relationships with tenants.
“Price is what you pay, value is what you get”
We’re not the cheapest agents and never will be. If you want cheap we would recommend you go to the various online letting agents popping up. We have a tenancy set up fee and then a monthly management fees for all properties. We feel our property management solution is the best there is. For our Fully Managed service, the fee includes all of the following and there are no other fees (upfront or ongoing).
- All photos, property descriptions and floorplans for your property
- Full marketing of your property on all the major listing engines – Rightmove, Zoopla, Primelocation etc.
- Tenant screening
- Accompanied viewings
- Application and Reference processing
- Check-in and Inventory
- Organising and maintenance of Gas safety certificates and EPC*
- Collection and protecting the deposit
- Collection of initial and ongoing rent.
- Dealing with maintenance requests*
- Regular inspections
- Arrears management
- Rent increases and new ASTs
- Check-out and Tenancy deposit return
* Landlord responsible for paying the contractors
And what about contracts with landlords? Well firstly, we don’t hide our contracts – click here, fill out a for and we will send it to you. We’d love you to call us but equally we are happy for you just to look at it in your own time. You will notice a few things about our contract:
- Our contract is (relatively!) short. We want to make life easy for everyone.
- There are no-tie ins. If you are unhappy with our service, you can leave us at any time. Let us know on what date you want to leave and we will only charge you fees up until that date.
- The contract is rigid – there aren’t too many options. Again, simplicity is key. The knowledge for us knowing that all our landlords have exactly the same contract means that we can work more efficiently for you.